Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A best friend indeed !

I am back for the blog, yeah , and its been a while

Recently I was thinking to myself , who can qualify to be ones best friend(s) ? parents ? spouses ? old classmates? collegues ? who can you approach when you are faced with a truly depressing or sad situation, I mean, people in all their goodness say " I understand" or " Iv been through this " or even " Iv travelled the same road, and know exactly where you are coming from " , but do they ????
Iv said the same things too, to other people and I really meant it , but did I actually know what the other person was going through?? the truth is ' maybe' I thought I did, but ' no' is the right answer.
We come back to the question : who can be your best friend ? who can really understand what you are going through , who can see the actual depth of your sadness, the true burden of your heart? or even better "Who can read Your mind? " , the answer, my friend, is NOT blowin' in the wind, its in the Bible and the name is Jesus Christ, He is the best friend to all , can read Your mind, and see you inside out , " Come to me , all those who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest " words from the Son of God who came to Earth and took a humanly form, suffered humiliation, endured much pain , let down and disowned by friends, and ultimately had to die the most horrible suffocating death - death by hanging on the Cross , suffered every bit, so that He could be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, just think about it, who would do it ? and He died a human death with every bit of suffering , for You and Me. Today, I have hope , I know I have a God who is also my true best friend , can anything beat that ?

The intention here is not to judge anyones capacity to be your friend, dont get me wrong ,people do make really great friends and Iv seen true friendships that have lasted for years and years, But my point is that human friendship has limitations because its man and not God, so make Jesus Christ your best friend today, and He truly listens.

God Bless You.

1 comment:

wanderlust said...

Very True. Whenever I've been at my wit's end and thought no one would never understand me, a few minutes spent talking to HIM has brought real miracles in my life